Blow off Hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmwoody

Reaction score
whats the best way to get all the sticky stuff out of there? ive tried soaking it in hot water as well as some sanatizer but the stuff wont budge

thanks,
Jason

Well, if you clean it right away, it comes right off. If you wait until it dries, you'll probably have to buy a new one!

Oxyclean works the best though, and it's worth a try!

I have a small diameter round brush that I pull through the hose after soaking in hot water. Just soaking doesn't seem to release the heavy yeast build up.

I soak in Oxy, then jam the tubing over the end of my kitchen sprayer, and let 'er rip with hot water. That seems to flush out any goop that's still in the tube. Flip it around, blast it from the other end, and it's clean and ready for the next batch.

I replace it every few batches, because it does get pretty nasty, and I'd much replace a couple of feet of hose than a batch of beer.

word. i left the hose on for a whole week and i think that some of the stuff is just part of the hose. ill try oxyclean tho. thanks

Back