Blonde Calypso PA grain bill.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobby

Reaction score
I created the recipe for my Blonde Calypso IPA,just to understand the hops and hopefully make a delicious beer.

Batch size 5 gal.

8.82 lb. Pale malt
0.88 lb. Vienna malt
0.44 lb. Cara-Pils/Dextrine
0.55 lb. Caramel/Crystal 10L.
Hops:
0.35 oz. Magnum 60 min.
0.53 oz. Calypso 20 min.
0.53 oz. Calypso 10 min.
0.53 oz. Calypso steep at 180 F. after the boil.
1.76 oz. Calypso dry hop for 7 days.
1pk. US-05
O.G. 1056
Expected F.G. 1012
IBU 40.5
SRM 4.2
BIAB Medium body mash 152 F 60 min.

Have only this grains available.

Good to go?Any grain tweaks?
Thank you.

Looks tasty to me. You've got a clean foundation with 2-row, a touch of maltiness from the Vienna, and some lightly balancing body from the carapils & crystal 10. I'd expect the malt to be supportive and interesting, but not so interesting that it gets in the way of the Calypso.

You've got a good recipe, so make sure you follow through with a great fermentation. Rehydrate your yeast, aerate or oxygenate your wort, and keep your temps steady in the mid to upper 60's and you should have an awesome beer.

Looks tasty to me. You've got a clean foundation with 2-row, a touch of maltiness from the Vienna, and some lightly balancing body from the carapils & crystal 10. I'd expect the malt to be supportive and interesting, but not so interesting that it gets in the way of the Calypso.

You've got a good recipe, so make sure you follow through with a great fermentation. Rehydrate your yeast, aerate or oxygenate your wort, and keep your temps steady in the mid to upper 60's and you should have an awesome beer.

Thank you very much.

Latest posts

Back