Blonde Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevesbrew

Reaction score
So I'm about to brew a Blonde Ale and wanted to know what can I add to it to make it a have a more interesting taste profile. I'm thinking maybe some herbs such as coriander, but not too sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Coriander would be good. I'd also recommend some kind of citrus i.e. lemon zest, orange zest. I also wonder how a small bit of cinnamon or all spice would taste...

Since you mentioned citrus, I wonder how lime zest would work with the coriander. I know I like it when cooking mexican food.

I just did a blond ale that was all late hopped.

9 pounds 2 row
.5 honey in boil to lighten body

then 1oz cascade 30 min
1oz cascade 12 minutes
1 oz spalt 1 minute

its good stuff fermented with s-05

I thought of adding a lot of hops to it too. I just bottled and started drinking an IPA last night. Looking for something different, but I can never turn down a good hoppy beer.

It is the first time that I have done it in such a light beer. The bitterness is really smooth. It is really unique tasting in such a light beer.

Do an open, warmish fermentation for the first few days. You'll get lots of good stuff out of the Belgian yeast without having to add anything.

Back