Blonde Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbens6

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is the wrong forums for this.
My sister is getting married and asked if i would brew a beer fro their wedding just to have something special... her soon to be husband is the problem... his favorite beer is Pacifico... some times he can be seen with a corona.... thats not particularly interesting for me and i really do not wanna have to lager 20 gallons. So I decided to go with a blonde ale... seems like a good compromise...

So first question, in the list of beer style at the middle/bottom of the forum under what catagory would a blond ale fall exactly?

Second, anyone got a blonde recipie (partial mash prefferably though i can convert it) that would seemingly go well for a pacifico drinkers?

It would be in the Light Hybrid Beer category...

Have you thought about making a cream ale?

Either way, you should be able to dig up plenty of recipes for both... We made a 10 gallon batch of a honey cream ale on 2/26 that was:

84.91% pale malt (UK 2 Row)
7.55% Carafoam
7.55% Honey Malt
12.2 IBU Target hops (60 min)
3.7 IBU Fuggles (20 min)
0.8 IBU EKG (5 min)
Yeast: Wyeast British Ale II (#1335)

Mashed at 152F for 90 minutes
Bitterness: 16.7 IBU
Color: 7.0 SRM

OG: 1.065
FG: TBD (estimated at 1.010-1.016)
Expect to be bottling it up pretty soon.

Get yourself some Continental Pilsner malt and do a single malt beer. If you want it super dry add some simple sugar (corn sugar or table sugar). You'll want to shoot for 15-20IBU. A quality pilsner malt will have a soft subtle profile, well suited to Light Lager drinkers. You can add a late hop addition if desired but keep it small because it will come through more than in most beers. Any clean American Ale yeast will do, personally I prefer US-05. If you can find a high quality extract made from pilsner malt you could do a partial mash but I would worry about the freshness of extract in such a delicate beer.

I have a TON of Pilsner DME, I do not want to make a pilsner, i want to make a quality blonde ale that wally can drink one or two of and enjoy himself....

I have a TON of Pilsner DME, I do not want to make a pilsner, i want to make a quality blonde ale that wally can drink one or two of and enjoy himself....

LOOK in the "Light Hybrid Beer" category... There's Blonde recipes right on the first page...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/blonde-208008/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/bombshell-blonde-ale-26312/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/fat-dirty-blonde-honey-208664/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/tibers-sexy-blonde-ale-203362/

Personally, I have a dirty blonde recipe that's on deck, but it's not been brewed yet... Won't know how it will be until it's in the glass...

I have a simple recipe I used. I used a belgian style ale yeast, but this might have too much unfamiliar flavours.
It was lightly hopped

6lb Pilsner DME.
1 oz Hautaller pellets(6.1 %) at 60minutes
2 oz Saaz (3.1% AA) at 15 minutes.
Pitched Safbrew T-58 (This is the belgian tasting ale yeast -- spices, cloves etc..)

Bottled at 4 weeks. It is getting really good 4 weeks after bottling. The yeast does not sediment so well so when I pour it out of the bottle it is hard not to get some in the glass.

The honey cream ale we made on 2/26 scaled to a 5 gallon batch size...

11# 4oz UK 2 Row
1# carafoam (optional)
1# honey malt
.375oz Target hops (10.50% AA) 60 min
.50oz Fuggles hops (4.00% AA) 20 min
.25oz EKG hops (5.00% AA) 5 min
1 Whirlfloc tablet
1 pkg Wyeast British Ale II yeast (#1335)

Estimated ABV: 6.69%

Assumes 75% mash efficiency

Ferment 3-4 weeks at 68-72F (all primary), then prime to 2.7 CO2 volumes, and bottle.

Could be a solid backup brew for the event... Give people two choices, a blonde or a honey cream... :D

I second Centennial Blonde. I have made it several times and just finished brewing it for a wedding shower that is coming up soon. Quick turnaround and tastes awesome!

Latest posts

Back