blizzard suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully this storm has only produced some rain so far. Tomorrow we're expecting some more rain which will probably turn to a ton of ice. Sounds bad, but with all the snow piled everywhere, and no room to put any more, I'll take the ice.

Lots of snow, don't know just how much. I've shoveled 3-4" off my drive 3 times now. They've shut down I-70 from KC to St. Louis. It just makes stout taste even better. :mug:

I just hope I can get to work tomorrow. They've stopped running the plows saying it's too dangerous. I've got to be on the road by 6:00 am, so I hope they're able to do something by then.

I'm about 30 min south of Chicago. Wind is picking up alot. Not an unbearable amount of snow yet but the blowing snow is nuts.

Lots of snow, don't know just how much. I've shoveled 3-4" off my drive 3 times now. They've shut down I-70 from KC to St. Louis. It just makes stout taste even better. :mug:

I just hope I can get to work tomorrow. They've stopped running the plows saying it's too dangerous. I've got to be on the road by 6:00 am, so I hope they're able to do something by then.

same boat. shovled 3 times, done till morning. Already off tomorrow.

The blizzard is just getting to us here in Mid-Michigan...chilly out and 30mph winds, but we're only supposed to get 10-16 inches of snow.

My English Pale isn't even into bottles yet, so I went to the local brewery (Michigan Brewing Co.) and got a couple growlers of IPA and Porter to tide me over!

We have about 8 inches so far. Supposed to get another 8 to 12 tonight and the winds are starting to pick up. 18 sustained with gusts to 45 last time I checked my phone

Pumbaa, I'm working today too. Luckily this storm should mostly miss us here in WV. I hope you keep it in the House tonight.

So glad it is not snowing here right now.

We already got 5' of snow so far this year.

Yes 60 inches of snow in Saint Paul, MN and we still have 2 months of winter left.

KC is ridiculous! Made it all the way home from work just to get stuck in the driveway and had to shovel a path for my car. Came home to a little Maker's Mark, a tall pint of homebrewed milk stout, and my fiance's roasted chicken... already forgot what's happening outside. Tomorrow morning may suck substantially when I have to drive back to work.

Man, I took this week off for vacation and work is closed for two days. Go figure.

My dog is freaking out and wanting to go outside so he can eat snow every 5 minutes. It's hilarious, he just stands there and gobbles up the snow bank.

Crazy wind so far to go with about 4" of snow. The heavy stuff is supposed to be here in the next 1.5 hours. How much?...depends on the news source. Some are calling for 20" and some are forecasting up to 38."

So, currently we have high winds and lots of blowing snow creating lots of drifts and near white-out conditions. What do I do? Stay at home? No, order out for pizza to be picked up and stop at Binny's to get some Left Hand Stout! Gotta love 4 wheel drive!!!

Currently in South Bend IN., luck me! Forecasting 12-18" to add to the 12" still on the ground. Locally they have had 75"+ of snow thus far this year. I can deal with the snow but the 40-50 mph winds are a PIA. They are stating that drifts of up to 8' are possible. Damn global warming!

Crazy wind so far to go with about 4" of snow. The heavy stuff is supposed to be here in the next 1.5 hours. How much?...depends on the news source. Some are calling for 20" and some are forecasting up to 38."

So, currently we have high winds and lots of blowing snow creating lots of drifts and near white-out conditions. What do I do? Stay at home? No, order out for pizza to be picked up and stop at Binny's to get some Left Hand Stout! Gotta love 4 wheel drive!!!

I was going to head over to the Binny's in Plainfield around 5:00. Pulled out of my driveway, said screw it, and went the 1/4 mile to Dominicks for some Bell's Best Brown.

I was gonna go to Binny's on my way home just to see how decimated they were... decided against it when the snow came early and my company told everyone to GTFO and go home before it got nasty. I have plenty to drink anyways. Gone Red Racer to Bell's Porter to Ayinger Altbairsisch Dunkel to Palo Santo Marron. Feeling good now!

Really, the wind is the amazing part. Sustained 30-40 mph winds right now by us with 50 mph gusts out of the N or NE...

snowed in here in OKC (yes, yes, we're weak and scared of snow). Thankfully we have plenty of beer on tap! Drinking since about noon...woo! :drunk:

I'm stuck in Tulsa, but I'm a Houston boy, so I'm def. not equipped for this shi*t! Thankfully I'm nice and warm in a hotel. It is quite amusing watching people try to unstick their cars. I'm on the 6th floor and can see the whole parking lot, its a lot of fun!

ok just got done clearing the apron for the 3rd time . . . I think I may have to start evoking Lieutenant privilege (too bad we have a Captain on shift >.< )

Not too bad in the TX panhandle. Snow wise at least. Wasn't prepared for this sub zero stuff though. I've lived in this house for 5 years and have never seen it this cold.

Went to start the taps dripping but all the water is already frozen so hopefully I don't burst any pipes.

Any of your northern fellas have any tips on how to unstick this. I've got the heater cranked and all the sink doors open. Trying to figure out a way to get my fatass into the crawlspace and see what I can find.

Went kayaking yesterday and got burned. It's bad all over.

what an ass. :cross:

at the liquor store yesterday talking to the owner: "I aint closing man, no way!!" At least he knows...gotta make hay when the suns shining. Cant imagine what else I'd spend snow day doing than drinkin. I feel sorry for those poor guys that had to make the trip out there for their booze though.

Been outside once today. That was about 9 hours ago. It was getting pretty nasty then. I figured I'd spend the rest of the day doing laundry, watching movies and cleaning bottles!

I don't remember them ever shutting down the entire stretch of I-70 between KC and STL.

Hopefully, they'll get the plows running again between now and tomorrow morning...

I'm south of KC with 12" of the s**t and have to watch the kids my wife is staying at a Hotel near the Hospital so she can make it to work in the morning.

sorry to hear this folks. it's 75-80 Dg here in So Cal. It did rain a little Sunday though. I'm sitting here in shorts and a tank top enjoying a hoppy IPA

it's 75-80 Dg here in So Cal. It did rain a little Sunday though.

At which point people drove like bigger ****tards than usual, still paid 10% income tax, and bought a townhouse with no yard for $600,000 in a no interest jumbo loan.

There... fixed that for you.

At which point people drove like bigger ****tards than usual, still paid 10% income tax, and bought a townhouse with no yard for $600,000 in a no interest jumbo loan.

There... fixed that for you.

Yep, I'll take a couple of months of snow over that.

Thunder snow here now . . .
Engine is out at a pole fire. One of the VERY few times I've been glad I'm assigned to a med rig . . . ok not really would still rather be on the engine . . .

They also transferred one of our engines out of their house (Brady St) and to a near by one (Broadway) because they couldnt keep up with the drifts on the streets surrounding it.

The weather man on the local S. Bend station said we had that earlier. I missed it, it is really amazing. I was fortunate enough to experience it in Central Ohio a couple of years ago.

It's here as well. I glanced out the window and saw a huge flash and immediately thought, "Well, there go the power lines." but was greeted by a hearty clap of thunder instead of the expected loss of power.

Back