Blichmann Shipping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ordered from Blichmann recently? I placed an order on the 29th and they still haven't shipped. They have a large banner on their site about extended shipping times but their terms say they usually ship within one day so I'm at something like 5x longer. I've emailed and Facebook messaged them with no response. Haven't had time during business hours to call. Not particularly concerned that it hasn't shipped, but they charged my card immediately which is a little annoying. Mainly I just want to get an idea of when I might get my order.

I ordered an Anvil Foundry unit around 1/26/21... still not shipped.
I know that was the last day for 10% off, so i assume there was a back-log...

Not sure if they operate out of two different warehouses, but i would assume so.

Finally heard back from them...estimating 3 weeks from time of purchase to shipping for them right now.

I placed an order on 1/27 for a few random replacement items (o ring kits, ball valve seals ect). Got a notification it shipped on 2/4. Certainly not fast but not all that terrible either.

Heh, apparently I missed a 10% off sale? Ordered a foundry in early Jan, the 6th I think. Delivered by the following Wednesday the 13th.

It only had to go from Indiana to NW Iowa tho. They had it in Brown's hands by Monday, so there must have been a run...

Got a shipping notice from them today. Fedex shows it will be delivered Sunday(?), assuming its handed off to Fedex today. So ~2 weeks to ship right now in my case.

Never did get a chance to pick up the phone during business hours. Been a hell of a 2 weeks!

Got a shipping notice from them today. Fedex shows it will be delivered Sunday(?), assuming its handed off to Fedex today. So ~2 weeks to ship right now in my case.

Never did get a chance to pick up the phone during business hours. Been a hell of a 2 weeks!
Good news! Forgot to ask... did you order any Anvil product, or just Blichmann?

Anvil Foundry orders place recently are not shipping until May. And it's not just them... all oceanic shipping has been severely curtailed since the first of the year.

Many in denial. But life is now different than 13 months ago. I happened to order a $400.00 piece of homebrew equipment on Wednesday at 3:30PM. It was delivered today, Friday, at 1:03PM. No longer can that type of delivery service be expected. I lucked out. But it was clearly luck.

Everything from parts to production to assembly has been disrupted by Covid. As we tear ourselves apart with blame the reality is such.

My home brew gear being late? Big deal. If I lived in a metro area I would be concerned about my food services. Basic science will prevail over basic production and delivery.

Just sayin. Brew on!

I order a kegerator from MoreBeer the first part of December and it hasn't shipped yet. Their website keeps changing the pre-order ship date - it's now late February. Hopefully the shipping lanes open soon. And to matt_m's comment, my card too has been billed for the full price. We are all having to endure scarifies through the plague. At least it feels like better days are ahead.

The Chinese new year celebs kicked off Feb 12th, and that causes delays in a normal year. I'm sure it's another thing on top of the backlogs in Long Beach, et. al.

I should have just cancelled this order back then. Now I've got a warranty issue and the only response I've gotten to multiple emails is a nonsensical question. No one answers the phone. Warranty expires Saturday, I expect they'll reply Monday and say so. Very disappointing.

Warranty expires Saturday, I expect they'll reply Monday and say so.

That one I doubt but of course can't say for sure. It seems clear they are indeed behind, but I've seen 100 to 0 examples where they always make things right.

I would however also be frustrated. But if it's any comfort you'll almost certainly be taken care of.

Well after of 2 months and many, many ignored emails and zero communication they did honor their warranty. Personally I'm done with Blichmann for good. One could claim its a pandemic issue but I heard a similar bad experience from 5+ years ago today.

Well after of 2 months and many, many ignored emails and zero communication they did honor their warranty. Personally I'm done with Blichmann for good. One could claim its a pandemic issue but I heard a similar bad experience from 5+ years ago today.
The pandemic shouldn't be an excuse for no/poor customer service, responding to questions or anything like that especially after making a purchase. I'm sure there was no lag in time charging your credit card.

Back when I ordered the new plate chiller from Blichmann, which was in stock, there was no activity past the stated time frames (online). I reached out and got a BS answer that it would be a couple more weeks since they changed software for shipping (or something like that). I called BS on that and said if they didn't ship I'd pull the order as well as not even consider ordering anything in the future (could be some large system orders in the coming years from me). Funny enough, it shipped out that day and arrived a few days later. Seems like they CAN ship out fast enough when they WANT to. IMO, they consider home brewers low priority (even when buying some of their pro level gear). I've heard bad things from the LHBS I visit for how they are treated as well. ZERO communication on placed orders, or long shipping times are the norm. Of course, they hit your card, or send an invoice immediately. Even when shipping isn't going to happen for WEEKS (if not longer).

99% of the places I order from charge when an item ships (or within a day of that). Unless it's a custom item, that's not something they stock. I understand in those cases since they want to be sure you don't back out on the order and they have to either destroy, or try to find someone to purchase it. But for things that are regular inventory items, that shouldn't be the case. Unless they're so hard up for funds coming in, and/or getting things made at order time.

Even though they DID ship out the chiller, the fact that I had to threaten them with loss of future sales puts them lower on my vendor list. They weren't at the top to begin with.

It just seems some places have changed since the pandemic hit. I understand shortages of people and product but an email response when a question is asked goes a long way with confidence. No one should have to wait months to get a response.

Back