Blichmann Riptide Washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMike

Reaction score
So I have lost the tiny washer that goes in my riptide pump during a cleaning and can't find the darn thing anywhere. I check on Blichmanns site and see that they have them, but I hate to get a single washer for .50 and pay $8 in shipping when I can likely hit the local hardware store and pick one up.

Does anyone have any clue the dimensions of that washer??? I know its a stretch!!

So I have lost the tiny washer that goes in my riptide pump during a cleaning and can't find the darn thing anywhere. I check on Blichmanns site and see that they have them, but I hate to get a single washer for .50 and pay $8 in shipping when I can likely hit the local hardware store and pick one up.

Does anyone have any clue the dimensions of that washer??? I know its a stretch!!

Call 'em--they sent me a couple when I lost mine. They may do that for you. I then went to their site and bought extras of the red large O-ring, a few more washers, the washers for the valve.

Of course, now that I have extras, I've never lost it again (the first went down the drain). :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I did end up talking to them and they sent me the dimensions, and also sent me several which I got super quick. Here is what they sent to me about dimensions. Pretty much matches up what DarkNoon has there!

"Below are the dimensions of the washer. The thickness is the most important, any thicker may bind the pump up.
If you run the pump a short time without the washer it will not hurt it.

Washer, ID: 0.253-0.260, OD: 0.410-0.430, Thickness: 0.030-0.060, 316 Stainless Steel"

When it comes to customer service, IME there's no one better than Blichmann. When I bought my Hellfire I somehow had the wrong set of leg extensions sent to me from a vendor. I asked here on HBT about whether I could substitute them for the specified extensions, and a Blichmann rep saw the thread and bingo-bango, sent me directly the correct leg extensions. No cost, no shipping, they just showed up. I sent back the wrong ones, but either way, THAT is customer service. And they've got a loyal one--customer, I mean. :)

These 6mm stainless washers worked great for me and you can find them at Home Depot

Attachments

• 824FD1C4-1E8D-4E12-955A-A8879DB96114.png
    824FD1C4-1E8D-4E12-955A-A8879DB96114.png
    417.9 KB · Views: 114
I tried writing them an email. Unfortunately, they only directed me to a pack that costs $10 for shipping, they wouldn't send me just one for free. It could easily be shipped for the cost of a stamp, bummer.

Any recommendations for an alternative that costs less than $12 with shipping?

Back