• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blichmann HopBlocker and Electric Brewery Hop Stopper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jddevinn

Got 99 Problems but beer ain't one
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Blichmann HopBlocker and/or Electric Brewery Hop Stopper (original version) free to a good (or bad) home. I've had both for 7+ years with only a few uses. I find whirpooling works better. Saw the HopBlocker last week and couldn't remember why I didn't use. Tried it with a PA and whirpool packed hop pellets into the side and clogged it. I have no use for either, pay shipping and I'll send you one or both if you think you can use.

PXL_20201029_022532823.jpg
PXL_20201029_023055684.jpg

Both taken. Thanks!

Would love the Electric Brewery Hop Stopper one. I have the Blichmann one and it doesn't do that good of a job.. was thinking of switching over the to EB one to see if I had better results.
Honestly if you want to Whirlpool or transfer out of the BK faster than 1/2 gallon a minute the Hop Stopper worked worse then the Blichmann. It would constantly plug up on me when I used it years ago and the advice to fix was always to use a slower transfer.

thanks for the info, I recently switched over to a plate chiller and am terrified to clog it so trying to come up with some sanity checks to prevent clogging it.

thanks for the info, I recently switched over to a plate chiller and am terrified to clog it so trying to come up with some sanity checks to prevent clogging it.
FYI... Just to give you my last brewing experience, I brewed with the hop blocker for the first time a few weeks ago. It was so clogged up that I couldn't get any flow past it until I yanked it out of the kettle. I may try it again one day but that was a major pia. And I only had 3.2oz of hops in the batch (6 gal batch) so it's not like it was a hop bomb. YMMV

Back