Blichmann cooling coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry482

Reaction score
I saw a teaser pic from Blichmann at the NHC 2017 indicating they are finally coming out with a glycol cooling coil / insulating jacket for their conicals. I was just about to start punching holes in the lid to add one from stainless brewing when I saw this. I think I'll wait until fall to see what Blichmann has come up with. Did anyone see it first hand?

I saw a teaser pic from Blichmann at the NHC 2017 indicating they are finally coming out with a glycol cooling coil / insulating jacket for their conicals. I was just about to start punching holes in the lid to add one from stainless brewing when I saw this. I think I'll wait until fall to see what Blichmann has come up with. Did anyone see it first hand?

in the meantime blue discharge hose wrapped around the conical works great as a cooling jacket.. it will be tricky with your conical legs along the sides but it will still work effectively. I get ice on the inside walls of my conicals when I tested it while empty, Of course you do lose the bling factor with this setup which is one reason why I insulated the conical with foil faced bubble wrap and foil tape to hide everything and look better while preventing the condensation and cooling losses.

I have th 14 gal blichman and just found out they had a coil for it... can you tell me alittle about how you did this?

in the meantime blue discharge hose wrapped around the conical works great as a cooling jacket.. it will be tricky with your conical legs along the sides but it will still work effectively. I get ice on the inside walls of my conicals when I tested it while empty, Of course you do lose the bling factor with this setup which is one reason why I insulated the conical with foil faced bubble wrap and foil tape to hide everything and look better while preventing the condensation and cooling losses.

I dont think it will work on the toledo metal spinning made blichmann branded conicals with the legs that run up the sides of the tank. there are pics in the middle of my build thread. below.

yeah i can see that now. I think i will just go with an AC unit and the coil... i had no idea there was one available til now...

I dont think it will work on the toledo metal spinning made blichmann branded conicals with the legs that run up the sides of the tank. there are pics in the middle of my build thread. below.

Back