• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana Blichmann Conical 14.5 gallon for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Shew

Reaction score
Blichmann 14.5 gallon conical for sale. Extra lid gasket. Extra pressure relief valve assembly. Thermowell with tri-clover "T". 1 Inch bottom drain ball valve with tri-clover fittings. Multi-step tri-clover adjustable racking valve. Improved tri-clover rotating racking arm. Custom fixed copper blowoff. Asking $600

Attachments

• fermentor top with extras.jpg
    fermentor top with extras.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 312
  • conical racking valve removed.jpg
    conical racking valve removed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 300
  • conical racking valve.jpg
    conical racking valve.jpg
    935 KB · Views: 310
  • fermentor bottom valve.jpg
    fermentor bottom valve.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 297
  • fermentor inside.jpg
    fermentor inside.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 318
  • fermentor top.jpg
    fermentor top.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 320
Additional detail - The fermentor is primarily Blichmann. It had standard Blichmann ports and valves on it when I purchased it. I use all 1/1.5" tri-clover fittings and piping, and I wanted continuity with the fermentor. What I did was buy 3 Blichmann Blowoff kits to get the tri-clover openings. The bottom and racking holes were created using Greenlee knockout dies so the openings were extremely smooth and no distortion to the vessel - the blowoff kits have proprietary coupling by Blichmann. The valves, the tri-clover "T" and the thermowell are from Brewer's Hardware. Note - the bottom valve is a full 1" port, so it is easy to get the trub and settled yeast to drop out the bottom. Lastly, I wanted a tri-clover rotating racking arm - and I purchased one from SS Brewing (it is one that goes on their Chronical Fermentors). I made the copper blowoff tube myself - it is attached via the Blichmann blowoff tube clamps that come with the vessel.

Let me check on it - it weighs about 65 pounds - I would guess shipping alone would be around $100 to $125. I will do the $450 plus whatever it costs to ship it. Let me know if you are still iterested.

Back