Blichmann burner inlet stripped?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stunsm

Reaction score
So after a long week of waiting, I received my Blichmann burner on saturday. Got the leg extensions bolted on, carried it outside, went to screw in the gas jet fitting into the inlet, and there are no threads! It looks as if the hole was either cast too large for the tap during threading, or the threads were stripped, but I don't think this is the case, as there is very shallow threading visible in the front portion of the hole. A few threads exist in the very back, but not enough to grip the fitting; yes I tried, and yes it fell right out. I let the company I ordered from know immediately, they sent my details off to Blichmann, and now I'm just waiting to hear. I'm pretty bummed as I've really been looking forward to taking my brewing outside, but guess I'm stuck waiting for a while longer. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Back