Blichmann brewmometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalme

Reaction score
I just bought a brewmometer thermometer but it didn't come with a nut anybody know what size this is? Also how would you install it in a gaterade mush tun?

There isn't much of a lip to it

Makes two of us. There was nothing in the box as far as instructions or info goes and I have no idea what the thread size is

There are two versions of the Brewmometer. The 1/2" NPT version which is meant to install in a female NPT fitting, which would not include a nut, and the weldless version which has smaller non-NPT threads (1/4"?).

My guess is that if it did not come with a nut or silicone washer, then you got the 1/2" NPT version. Here's a link to the manual for reference.

I'd just take it down to the local hardware store and find the nut that fits. As long as you don't confuse course thread with fine thread and booger it up, it shouldn't be too difficult to find the right one. As for installing it on a Gatorade cooler, the manual also says that it is good for sidewall of up to a 1/4 inch. I'd measure the thinnest part of the cooler and go from there, as best you can, drill hole, install. If it's thicker than 1/4 inch, you may have to improvise a little.

Just order the blichmann brewmometer hole plug kit for 5.99 from adventures in homebrewing.

Or contact blichmann and they will send you one for free...same thing happened to me.

[email protected]

Cheers

You cannot install that into a cooler, the wall is too thick and there is not enough threads on that fitting...

Back