Blichmann Breweasy Beersmith Specs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyBrew

Reaction score
I recently purchased a gas version of the Blichmann Breweasy for 10 gallon batches. I googled the above title and found one post regarding this topic, but it is on another homebrew forum that I do no subscribe to so I can't ask the guy any questions. I am wondering if any other breweasy owners on here could post a snapshot of the current specs you are using. I understand there are many variables, but between my existing 15 gallon BIAB profile, the breweasy profile I found, and any others I can peek at I can find the numbers for a good starting point. So if anyone has their system dialed in on brewsmith please chime in. THanks!

Not a direct answer to your question, but I've had to figure out a lot of brewing systems.

On any new system, I like to start with a water batch and then just a super basic grist to rough in the numbers. A water batch is just that. Start with a known quantity in the mash tun and go through the usual steps. This includes heating the water, vourloff, boil (I skip the chill and just calculate for expansion). You'll get the accumulated losses and evaporation numbers this way.

It's not a whole brew day. Maybe a couple of hours.

My next step is a dead simple pale ale or other recipe I've done a lot of times. I use a simple 40 IBU pale ale. Not an excessively hoppy or high gravity recipe because you want to calibrate your baseline numbers, not the extremes. Just any recipe where you know what the wort & finished beer should taste and look like.

Once you have that, it'll be easy to use the scale recipe wizard in BeerSmith to translate your BIAB into the Breweasy. Plus, you'll have at least one beer to sip while you plan.

Back