Blichmann Boil Coil Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMChueston0311

Marine Grunt
Reaction score
Not acheiving a vigorous boil with my 20 gallon boil coil. It will not get over 199 degrees with a 17 gallon water test. Boiled for 30 minutes, and would not go over that temp, unless i left the lid on, and then it would hit 200 degrees and a more vigorous boil, but as soon as i would remove lid it would die down within seconds....

Is there a way to tell if the boil coil is 240 or 110?

And has anyone else had issues with a weak boil using the boilcoil?

wont allow me to attach the video i have in .mov format?

Not acheiving a vigorous boil with my 20 gallon boil coil. It will not get over 199 degrees with a 17 gallon water test. Boiled for 30 minutes, and would not go over that temp, unless i left the lid on, and then it would hit 200 degrees and a more vigorous boil, but as soon as i would remove lid it would die down within seconds....

Is there a way to tell if the boil coil is 240 or 110?

And has anyone else had issues with a weak boil using the boilcoil?

wont allow me to attach the video i have in .mov format?

The 20 gallon boil coil only comes in 240 volt. It should be pulling 19 amps at full power. If you're concerned about it not drawing enough juice I'd suggest checking the amp draw with a clamp multimeter.

What are you using to control the element?

Back