• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blichmann 20 gallon Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchillerBeer

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Blichmann 20 gallon kettle with the older handle style, where there was a rectangular plate at the base of the handle that attached to the pot. This would match my other ones and I need the space over it to install a return port.

Thanks!

Edit:
A: the rectangular plate handle IS the new style, confirmed from Blichmann. Since this is the case I'll order a new one. Thanks All.

Is the plate the older or newer style? I bought mine within the last year (it's not for sale) and it has the plate.

Given that the picture on the site of his kids in the pots show the handle without the plate, I would have assumed those are the older versions. I'm sure an email to John would easily confirm.

These are the versions I've seen:

bm.jpg

I bought mine in 2009 and it has the square plate like the picture on the left, so I'm assuming thats the older one. On Blichmanns site the pictures look like the one on the right so I'm assuming that's the new style. The new one looks cheaper in my opinion.

I bought mine in 2008 and it did not have the plate. The picture of the girls in the pots is at least that old.

Thanks for noticing this and bringing it up. I was actually just getting ready to order up another 20 gallon and that would have drove me nuts (and I'm sure made my beer horrible too).

...Type A personality

Got the answer, the style with the rectangular plate behind the handle IS the new and current style. It's confusing because so many online retailers and blichmanns site itself have pictures of the old style. Everyone just needs to update the pictures.

Thanks!

Back