Blichman sight glass replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidahMastah

Reaction score
I broke my blichmann sight glass (just the glass). I can't seem to put my hands on a replacement - anybody have this problem before? Any luck finding a replacement without having to buy the whole thing?

Thanks!

Have you contacted Blichmann directly, to ask about a replacement?

Brian

I sent an email in a few day ago, but no reply just yet. I want to have the option of brewing this weekend, so I am trying to order it quick.

What a PITA!!

I sent an email in a few day ago, but no reply just yet. I want to have the option of brewing this weekend, so I am trying to order it quick.

What a PITA!!

Good luck with contacting them. They love to sell expensive stuff, then hide.

_

Good luck with contacting them. They love to sell expensive stuff, then hide.

_

ugh... My buddy bought the Blichmann for our set up, while it is shiney... annoying they don't have parts available for fixing, or at least that I can find...

if I have to... gum to seal up the sight glass! haha

Luckily it happened AFTER my 10G brew session.

What a PITA!!

Well, I was going to suggest that you call them on the phone...but I can't find a phone number for them on their web page. I'd try contacting the retailer where I bought the kettle.

Or, if you still want to try Blichmann directly, Google turned up the following:

BLICHMANN ENGINEERING
Address: 2304 BROTHERS DR, LAFAYETTE, IN 47909-2299
Telephone: (765) 471-1800

Good luck!

Brian

Well, I was going to suggest that you call them on the phone...but I can't find a phone number for them on their web page. I'd try contacting the retailer where I bought the kettle.

Or, if you still want to try Blichmann directly, Google turned up the following:

BLICHMANN ENGINEERING

Good luck!

Brian

Thanks Brian - I hate it when co's don't list a # for contact - can't believe I didn't think to google for it. Thanks!

CM,

Did you ever get a replacement site glass? I just broke my 20 gallon site glass and need to get a replacement A.S.A.P. for a brew this weekend.

Cheers.

You could also have one made by an art glass shop but you'd have to tell them the exact length you need.

And blichmann tends to be dogs about providing any specs (or product support because I never heard back from them on a replacement, etc.)... so get the ruler out and measure twice, and hope for the best if you go that route.

After all this I stopped cleaning the sight glass with each brew (taking it apart). I now just stick the hose up to the top and flush it out. Every so often the whole tun gets taken apart, but very infrequently.

Fantastic! I ordered two. Knowing me, I wlll need a spare.

I also got some flared fittings for my keg system, becuase I needed some and it makes me feel better about the shipping charge. Although, it was only 10 bucks to ship FedEx Home Delivery. I hope it get's here by Friday!

Thanks CidahMastah for the quick response!

The same thing happened to me. After sending an email to Blichmann with no response, I just went to my LHBS (who is an authorized Blichmann dealer) and asked them to order one for me. They weren't sure how much it would be though. It did take a while for them to receive it, but when I came in to pick it up, they just gave it to me at no charge. I didn't get to brew for a few weeks but hey it was my fault.

BLICHMANN ENGINEERING

Good luck!

Brian

This is the wrong phone number! Some lady picked up and said Ola thank you for calling the Mexican plaza!

Back