Blichman beer gun vs. counter pressure filler.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

bmcalister1897

Reaction score
I’ve recently just started kegging beer. I almost exclusively make wild ales so bottle conditioning fit that style best. But I recently kegged a geuze type style that I dry hopped with lambic hops due to not having time to bottle and the beer was ready to go.
So i really like it…
I want to bottle some for a later time and to enter into some competitions.
Taking in ease/and quality into factor. Do people have more success with a blichman beer gun or a counter pressure filler? And if counterpressure filler, which one? I looked around a bit and the more beer one looks quite good.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Stormcrow

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve recently just started kegging beer. I almost exclusively make wild ales so bottle conditioning fit that style best. But I recently kegged a geuze type style that I dry hopped with lambic hops due to not having time to bottle and the beer was ready to go.
So i really like it…
I want to bottle some for a later time and to enter into some competitions.
Taking in ease/and quality into factor. Do people have more success with a blichman beer gun or a counter pressure filler? And if counterpressure filler, which one? I looked around a bit and the more beer one looks quite good.
Thanks for your help in advance.
I think there's a thread on here titled "We Don't Need No Stinking Beer Gun. " I'm not sure how to link it, but you might want to check it out. I just started kegging as well, and plan to bottle using the method in that thread. It is essentially using a picnic tap, an old bottling wand, and a number 2 stopper to make an easy DIY counter pressure filler.

Oleson M.D.

Reaction score
We have the Beer Gun V2. It works very well. You can also simply use a picnic tap to fill bottles. That works also.

Beenym88

Reaction score
I don’t know if all counter pressure fillers are the same but I hate the on I’ve used and much prefers the beer gun. The one I used is for canning and if you don’t get the perfect seal on the can when filling you just get a big can of foam never had an issue with the gun.