bland blonde ale thoughts on additions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
i brewed a blonde ale and the flavor is very bland. it just went in the keg an i would like to add some stuff to it to make it taste better. i was thinking about some blueberry extract and some hops. do you have any better ideas or thoughts on kind of hops and amounts? thanks

doing some reading i was thinking about adding 2 oz of blueberry extract and 1/2 oz of cascade (for the citrus notes). Does this sound good or is there a better hop addition that goes good with a blonde ale

I would personally just add hops. Mostly because I've never really had luck with fruit extracts. Not sure why, but it always end up tasting like butthole.

Maybe try throwing some spices in the keg as well? If you're using a muslin bag or similar container just throw in some spices with the hops perhaps?

any suggestions on spices. i want to stay away from corriander as i will be doing a wheat here soon

Back