Blackberry cherry wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy_84

Reaction score
I'm think of making a blackberry cherry wine. I was going to do a 5 gallon batch of blackberry but didn't have enough but I have 2 lbs of fresh cherries. Which would make the difference of product in re fermentor. Anybody got any suggestions or has done a blackberry cherry wine. Or is this a venture of my own.

Cherry goes with blackberry just fine, but I don't think you'll be able to taste 2lbs over the blackberries; the blackberry will dominate.
Regards, GF.

The cherries will add some complexity, without much flavor. Being able to try something new is why some of us are doing this.

Thank you all I got it all mixed together last night letting it sit till it gets room temp. Before pitch some pectic and yeast nutrient. I had just enough sugar to bring it up to where I wanted last night. Lol thought I was going to have to still some from the wife's pantry lol.

Alright the blackberry cherry is going good just did the transfer a few days ago wanted to do it earlier but I was moving. I tasted it it taste great just the back end has that alcohol taste. Can these be cured with aging or is there something else I can do.

Some of my best fruit wines have been variations on other recipes. I love blackberry and cherry so the combination could be very nice. The alcohol will mellow with time. Let us know a year from now how it turned out.

I have some Elderberry/Blackberry going right now. I think it will turn out great.
I might even try 5 gal of Blackberry/Cherry myself this summer...sounds great.

It taste great so far I'm loving it kinda want to drink it straight out of the carboy lol. I'm going to let mine bulk age for about three months. Then bottle age for about 2 or 3 more months. Then I'll see how it taste. I'll determine then if I let it age longer or start decking bottles lol.

Well it's been about a year now the black berry cherry wine is right on the money I do have to admit I just bottled it last weekend. I have to say I will be starting a new batch of it when I can afford the ingredients.

Back