Blackberry & Apple wine...newb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmjams

Reaction score
Hi, been reading the forum for a while and today i thought i'd join in :)

I've made some Elderflower wine (my first from scratch) a few months back which tastes realy good. Now, as Blackberry season is here in the u.k i though i'd have a go at some Blackberry wine.
I want to make Apple & Blackberry wine but only have 11lb of berrys.

Can anyone tell me how to get 5 gallons of wine from this? maybe add some raisins other fruit if i'm short?
i have 5 demijohns available and wont be making anything else until after Christmas so may as well put them to use now :)

You could make five gallons of wine by adding 4 gallons of apple cider to your berries. :) Apples and apricots make a great combo, apples and peaches are great too. With 5 demijohns you can get really creative. You might get a full gallon of blackberry juice, but if you are short, a little apple juice won't hurt the flavor. I do suggest you consider your yeast choice carefully, or if you use all dry yeast, you could get five very different results just by changing the yeast. Dry yeast is usually a dollar or so per pkg., but in the UK, you should be able to get 5 packs, for 4 quid.

Back