Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2013 @ Kegconection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a sec and I'll post a picture. I was looking at the wrong keg before.... These are a little different.

The gas in side does have a plastic gas tube, I have other with them as well so that's no big deal. However, that's as far as I can get the tube out...it won't come out. I've tried pushing from the bottom but to no avail. I'm hesitant to grab it with something from the top as I don't want to crush it. The white plastic inserts under the poppet are new to me as well.

The liquid side has the same white plastic insert under the poppet but an odd (to me anyway) shape underneath. Note the rubber washer, it's "wide" not round as is the grove under the post it sits in. The replacement rubber washers are all round, not sure how well it will seal if replaced.

Hey Cooper--I got the same keg as you and was also wondering about the posts, poppets, and tubes. Do you mind putting those pictures and info in the Bottling/Kegging sub-forum? (I'll do it if you want--just didn't want to steal your thunder.)
It might get more views from knowledgable brewers/keggers who can help us figure this out. :mug:

I got my keg sometime last night as it was on my porch this morning.
I am new to kegs and this is my first. I wouldn't even have a way to test it if I tried today but I am curious about Cooper's questions as I have a 3-keg kit coming my way for Christmas most likely. The 3 kegs are from Keg Connection.

I was also curious about my keg. Mostly the bottom. Maybe someone can ease my mind about whether or not the bottom is problematic. It looks like the keg was crushed and hammered out. I am not concerned with "pretty" so much as functional.

I hope it's okay to post here and ask these questions. If not, I can delete and start a new thread.

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

Should be fine, most used kegs are dinged up pretty well. As long as there aee no creases on the metal you should be fine. I am on my phone so I cant get a good look at the pictures.

That's pretty standard for a used keg, no worries. The outsides are usually a bit beat up and it's always a good idea to replace the rubber gaskets just to be on the safe side. Mine looks the same on the outside but the insides are fine.

I was also curious about my keg. Mostly the bottom. Maybe someone can ease my mind about whether or not the bottom is problematic. It looks like the keg was crushed and hammered out. I am not concerned with "pretty" so much as functional.

View attachment 163942

The bottom of my keg looks identical to yours. Ordered last week from keg connection as well.

Hey Cooper--I got the same keg as you and was also wondering about the posts, poppets, and tubes. Do you mind putting those pictures and info in the Bottling/Kegging sub-forum? (I'll do it if you want--just didn't want to steal your thunder.)
It might get more views from knowledgable brewers/keggers who can help us figure this out. :mug:
Feel free to use the pictures if you like to get your questions answered.

I am new to kegs and this is my first. I wouldn't even have a way to test it if I tried today but I am curious about Cooper's questions as I have a 3-keg kit coming my way for Christmas most likely. The 3 kegs are from Keg Connection.

I hope it's okay to post here and ask these questions. If not, I can delete and start a new thread.

View attachment 163942

View attachment 163943

The pic of the bottom looks just like the 2 I got from Keg Connection months ago. The low spot on the bottom should the same side as the liquid dip tube. This is normal.

Ah good to know. I haven't opened it yet. I don't have a way to re-pressurize it yet so I wasn't going to open it. Though I wonder if I should. :confused: I am such a noob!

The pic of the bottom looks just like the 2 I got from Keg Connection months ago. The low spot on the bottom should the same side as the liquid dip tube. This is normal.

Yeah. I bought a couple used pin-locks and was cleaning them for the first time last night when I noticed the same sort of deformation. Since the lids were already off, I looked inside and figured out what was going on. :)

Ordered Friday afternoon and arrived this morning.

Joshua, FedEx mashed up your decal :(

You got a decal? :D
Thanks to all who responded. I will have to investigate as soon as I'm done with work.

Unfortunately I think my keg might have a leak. I kegged my English Bitter today and put it in my fridge to chill. I opened the door a little later and noticed a little puddle of beer at the bottom of the fridge. I had to get ready for work so I cleaned it up and put the keg in a bucket to see if it is indeed leaking. I'm hoping that I just got some beer on the keg when transferring or something. I guess I will find out when I get home tonight.

my order came in yesterday as well. the only surprise was when I looked at the IPA glasses they don't have the etchings on the inside bottom. If you order them from DFH or sierra Nevada they have either a Hop cone or the DFH logo etched in the bottom. still happy with them just a surprise.

Ordered mine Friday and it all came in Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to inspect anything as it supposed to be my Christmas present from SWMBO, but I will post back once everything is unboxed and hooked up :)

Ordered mine Saturday, it arrived Thursday! Everything looks great. The Racetrack keg is beat up with one small dent, but it held pressure in the shipping so it must mean it's good to go! Can't wait to fill it.

Did a topic ever get started in the Bottling/Kegging sub-forum? I have one of these and was wondering about the differences, but I couldn't find the topic in the Bottling/Kegging sub-forum.

Back