Black Diamond: Another Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davekippen

Reaction score
This is an homage to all who have come before me! Thanks for all the inspiration.

Started with a hell of a deal on a used freezer. Bigger than I was looking for, but what the hell.

1 MAG1256.jpg

Started with the collar. The saying is measure once, cut twice, right? You can see that eventually I got it right.

2 IMAG1279.jpg

3 IMAG1280.jpg

The collar is a total hack job because I knew I would be covering it up with the diamond plate! Here are the holes for the shanks and the temp controller...

4 IMAG1281.jpg

5 IMAG1282.jpg

6 IMAG1283.jpg

And the obligatory shot of the fat lip that I got while trying to screw the god da*m hinges back in. Note to all who follow - dont keep your face near the da*m hinges when re attaching.

8 IMAG1293.jpg

Couldnt take the stark white, and how could I call her Black Diamond without some black paint!

7 IMAG1291.jpg

And here she is today, 90% done. Need some tap handles, and need to finish off the corners where the diamond plate meets. Other than that, its a wrap!

IMAG1292.jpg

9 IMAG1295.jpg

All my best ideas are stolen! I do love the way diamond plate looks just a clean tough look

Im thinking about gear shifters or something for tap handles. Something gear-headded. Any thoughts? Wood wouldnt look right on this keezer, thats for sure.

davekippen said:
Im thinking about gear shifters or something for tap handles. Something gear-headded. Any thoughts? Wood wouldnt look right on this keezer, thats for sure.

Wrenches or ratchets would look pretty cool i think not sure how to make it work but would fit the look all chrome like

I hated the chalkboard paint. It didnt cover very well and it wouldnt erase, even with water! I sanded it down and resprayed the top with the appliance enamel I had left. I found a couple of silver dry erase boards that matched the design fairly well. Much happier with these. :mug:

IMAG1336.jpg

Back