Black Butte Porter clone with a twist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It is I want to brew up another porter in a month or 2 while it is still cold and was wanting to secondary with raspberries, but then thought I could use the BYO clone of the Black Butte and just secondary on top of raspberries with it.

What do you think? Is this a good beer to add fruit too?

I just did a raspberry porter from AHS and it came out really nice, but Black Butte is so good on its own I would feel bad adding to it personally. I bet it would be good though.

I just did a raspberry porter from AHS and it came out really nice, but Black Butte is so good on its own I would feel bad adding to it personally. I bet it would be good though.

I know, it is one of my favorite porters and I don't want to ruin the taste, but I could always go out and get a 6-pack of the original.

I have at least 2 brews (in the fridge and waiting from some hops to show up in the mail, stupid ebay seller) in front of this one so I have time to think about it.

Back