Black Beauty/Red Baron Cappers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Just looking into bottling in glass bottles vs the plastic ones, which I love but, don't always get back from people and cost $.

Basically, was looking into using regular bottles, just get empties and sanitize them.

I was looking at reviews for the two mentioned cappers, and they said in passing, that they work fine, but won't work on bottles that are twist-offs.

Anyone have any experience with these cappers? can anyone confirm they won't work with twist-off bottles?

I'm a newbie, and no real work space (apartment) so looking for a small solution vs getting the Agata bench capper.

Thanks

if got the red baron capper works great!
Yes capping is only good for non twist off bottles...twist off bottle just won't get a complete seal

Bummer... most are twist-offs these days (for regular beers).

I drink the obscure stuff but the friends all drink the regular Blue, Coors, Bud etc... hoped to score some cheap bottles that way. :S

Ah well, still cheaper than plastic. Thanks

You should have much trouble finding bottles just ask your friends and neighbors...also post a bottles wanted post on craigslist you should get hooked up pretty quickly...just make sure you clean and santize properly with used bottles....

Tip on removing labels..soak in water over night..the labels should fall off or easily peel off...to get the rest of the glue off..use a little bit of cooking oil on a paper towel and rub off...should come of pretty easy.

Have fun

Worst case scenario you can buy bottles from a homebrew shop. Mine sells them for $12 a case.

I have the Red Barron and the Super Agata. While the bench capper is somewhat more versatile when it comes to unusually-shaped bottles, I generally prefer the Red Barron for expedience.

Back