BJCP Exam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enoch52

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the BJCP exam, particularly the initial web-based exam? Do statistical questions (OG/FG, SRM, IBU, ABV) appear on it, or is it more focused on aroma, taste, appearance, etc.?

It's been about 8 months since I took it, but I remember the vast majority of the questions being style descriptor and brewing technique based. I don't remember seeing any questions about the style numbers being on there.

It's been about 8 months since I took it, but I remember the vast majority of the questions being style descriptor and brewing technique based. I don't remember seeing any questions about the style numbers being on there.

+1 my brewing buddy and I got tipsy a couple weeks back and thought, "we could totally *hic* pass that test." Needless to say we failed. But from what I remember it was very stylistic ie "what kind of beer is acceptable to have diacetyl?", or what should the hop profile on a (insert beer style here) be like?"

Back