Bittering/Flavor/Aroma Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenFitness

Reaction score
I'm trying my hand at my first recipe and would like some input on hops. I think I know some of these but would like the confirmation. Input on the following hops in terms of bittering/flavor/aroma (or a mix of the three) would be appreciated! Also any resources that list hops in reference to these categories would be helpful.

Belma
Halltauer
Huell Melon
Cascade
Tettnanger
Amarillo
Calypso
Centennial
Chinook
Columbus
Nelson Sauvin
Riwaka
Saaz

Thanks!

Google is your friend, try "hops profile", "hops flavor profile". A bit of searching and you will stumble upon the site I'm thinking of but can't recall. They have info for each hop down to specific oils content etc..

Brew Your Own has a great tool for selecting hops by beer style. You choose the style you are looking to make, and it gives a list of appropriate hop varieties with their %AA, possible substitutions, and a description of their aroma and flavor.

This page on Winning Homebrew goes into greater detail about the specific hops, and is worth looking at.

If you really want a lot of detail on hops, the book For the Love of Hops by Stan Hieronymus is currently the most up to date work on the subject.

Back