bitter beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damo

Reaction score
i am new to brewing just made one batch to date. before bottling it tasted fine just like warm beer but its been bottled for about a week now and i opened one and it tastes very bitter i made it exactly to manufacture instructions except i used normal cane sugar instead of the sugar that came with it would this make it bitter? it still has another week or so till it is fully ready by manufacture anyways will it change flavor?

How long has it been since your brew day? Really you want 6 weeks of total time (minimum) before you can give it a thumbs up or down. Even then depending on the style (highly hopped, high gravity, etc) you may be months away from a true verdict.

My suggestion is be patient, give it enough time and you will be rewarded. :mug:

And welcome to HBT!

Take your time with it. Let it sit. It will come to you.

Easily said I know. My brew partner is the one with the patience. He brings me beer we brewed together weeks after I had consumed my half of the deal.

His beer is always better. Funny, it came out to the same brew pot and fermentor on the same day and time. He saved his. I drank too early.

Back