Bit the bullet...new (used) truck!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After owning the same crappy '96 F150 since '97, I finally decided to upgrade. Though I had a lot of fun tinkering with that truck, I was never happy with the 1/2 ton capacity, single cab, and rather unimpressive 302 motor. So, I upgraded...just a little.

I'm now the proud owner of a 2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab with a 6.7L Cummins turbo-diesel. I know there are some issues with that particular year and engine, but the price was right, and it doesn't appear to have been abused much. It's probably more truck than I really need, but I'll never want for power or towing capacity. Besides, I'm overkill's biggest fan!

Here's to hoping some of the responses include, "I have one of those...I LOVE IT! No problems so far." Prost!

truck2.jpg

Congrats Yuri. I dont have one but a friend ofmine has a similar config and he has nothing but good things to say about it.

I had a 97 F150 with the 4.2 and hated it being so under powered. Every morning as I drive my beater Lincoln with dead air suspension I miss it dearly.

Enjoy your new toy!

PTO output to his grain mill.
You read my mind!

Actually, I have a bunch of toys that always need pulling, and my old, pathetic truck always struggled with even the lightest haul. I have bikes, a utility trailer, a project car, countless heavy tools, and perhaps an RV at some point in the not-so-distant future. There aren't too many things that I won't be able to haul with ease now!

have an 02 gasser with the 5.9l magnum. BTW dodgetalk is the forum to visit for the thing

I have a 2007 also I love it never had a problem it has 38k on her but I have the 5.9 liter CTD . Yes there were problems with the emissions on the 6.7 but I believe they have been worked out. You may want to check out this forum its mostly CTD dieseltruck. Tows like a dream gets me 20+ on the highway empty and 15 while towing a 9k trailer . Not bad for a truck thats 7500 lbs empty.

my truck
DODGE_AFTER.jpg

one word of caution if you have the OEM Michilin 17's on her check the area around the rim for cracking they had a problem with them. I got mine replaced 8 months after I bought for free. I chose to upgrade to the 305-17 BFGoodrich T/A's. And make sure they are E rated no sense having a 3/4 ton with under rated tires

Yes, it's 2WD. I would have preferred 4WD, but again, the price was right, so I conceded on that one. For now, I live in hot, dry Texas, where I won't really need 4WD much if at all. I'm not going to use it for an off-road rig...it's a hauler.

Big truck, small wanker.

Nope, don't know anything about that truck.

OT,
I always find it curious how guys are quick to speculate about another guys 'short comings.' Like it should matter to them. Unless you happen to be... uhm, not that theres anything wrong with that....
:D

I find it amusing that there are Toyota and Hyundai signs behind your new big ol' Ford.

It's a nice truck. After my Impreza dies I think I'm going to get a late model truck of some sort. Sometimes I miss my Tundra.

I've normally bought small cars... admittedly to overcompensate for my huge genitals.;) But it's time for a new car for us and, being a DIYer, I've really come to understand the "need" for a truck. My wife has graciously accepted my 1 year old Honda Fit, while I'll be picking up my new Tacoma in 2 weeks!

I don't know jack about the Dodge 2500, but I hate to say it... the reviews don't look very good.

Quad cab long bed...... thats gonna be fun parking.

mu shortbed quad is a biach to park.

OH one more thing. there is a problem with the current dodge pickups with the dash cracking. dont know if its in the 07 or later but know the 01-05's all have the problem. they may have changed something in the plastic composition or the mounting points. have heard those dash carpet protectors have helped. mine started cracking last year and now its cracked all over the place.

I have a buddy that works for Cummins, he helped write the programming for the computer. He also gets a white truck identical to yours for a company car. He says he loves it, however I bet he's a little biased.

Back