Biscotticasting again today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel

Reaction score
I'm trying out another 2 recipes for biscotti this morning. My dad's wife's, and a combination of the two that my dad gave me last month. I'm not casting yet, it's not even 6 here. I need to dry my hair and put some makeup on, then I'll make a post and start up the channel.

Won't you join me? I may take you on an enchanting tour of my beer room, or show you ugly bathroom light fixtures. I may even let you have a look out my window at the rare occurrence of sticking snow in western Washington.:mug:
Laurel

I'm watching at work, pretty sure I tuned in the middle of the process, don't know how much I missed. But the missus does biscotti ...

Crap ... sorry, too many people at work trying to look over my shoulder. Naturally, each one asks "Who is that? - What is she doing? - Do you know her? - She's kinda hot." Uncultured nimrods. So, in the interest of keeping the oglers away, I had to shut your stream off. I hope the biscotti turn out delicious! Hmm, is the plural form 'biscotti' or 'biscottis'?

Laurel,
That was cool. I've never seen a live broadcast over the internet.
Thanks
BTW - SWMBO would never allow me to store a keg in the bathtub:mug:

ok, we're done now. Perhaps I'll do another one tomorrow morning, I have more biscotti to make. We'll see.

I would coffee roast cast, but it's not very exciting, just 15 minutes holding a heat gun over some coffee beans.

You should broadcast anyway, I am curious to get started with roasting my own... :D

Thanks for the show, Laurel. You've helped me figure out what I'm making for office gifts now. :mug:

I think I'll do another tomorrow, and post up the recipe. I'm pretty happy with the flavor, and if these are a little softer than my first go-round then they're a winner.

Me neither. Between Laurel's biscotti cast and Sacc's coffee roasting, I was well entertained at work. :drunk:

Thanks for the inspiration, Laurel! I managed to motivate myself into 4 different kinds of biscotti. The first batch I made were cranberry/pistachio and they turned out well. I will add those pics tonight when I get home They turned out a pretty red and green. Here are the other 3 batches:

Chocolate, hazelnut, ginger
chocolate 1.jpg

Cinnamon raisin
cinnamon 1.jpg

Gingerbread (I later crisscrossed a powdered sugar icing lightly over it)
gingerbread 1.jpg

The gingerbread didn't seem as tasty as the other options (without the icing) - it's probably because I really prefer gingerbread cookies, and the other biscotti are just chock full of nuts and fruit, whereas the gingerbread is just a solid, uniform cookie.

Anyway, great idea Laurel. This will definitely become a yearly event for me now!

Back