birthday its coming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rui

Reaction score
After many years i will do a birthday party. will be just in may, but i m thinking i should start thinking about it now!!! here in Portugal, the most of people are used to ****ty lagers..... because of that, i m thinking to brew kind of blonde ales to fill two korny kegs and make a dark ale for another keg (only have 3 kegs)
i need your help for recipes. as ingredients i have:

MALT
- 5 kg vienna malt
- 5kg munich malt
- 22kg german pale ale malt
- carared, caramunich II, crystal 60, special B
- wheat malt and rye malt
- roasted barley, black malt, chocolate malt and toasted wheat malt

HOPS
- fuggles
- EKG
- brewers gold
- magnum
- summit
- sorqchi ale
- challenger

i would preciate your help with this, as i want that my birthday party has only beer brewed by me!!!

cheers:mug:

Sorry I'm not able to tell you what would make a good blonde ale out of your ingredients.. but.. german pale ale / crystal and your choice of hops would probably make a nice beer. Someone will hook you up, have patience and happy birthday.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=42841 - Here's the centennial blonde recipe everyone always talks about.. maybe add the vienna you have to my previous suggestion.

There's a really good database of tried and true recipes here on HBT. You can look at various styles and ingredients and pick what you'd like to make. Many of these recipes are rated and commented on by other brewers, so take a look and see what you want to do and what you think your friends would like. If you have questions about any of them, I'm sure people would be happy to help.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Yeah you've got lots of directions you could go there, though you don't mention yeast.
I'll take a stab to get you started:

#1 american style wheat: 50/50 wheat malt and pale ale malt to get around 1.050, neutral yeast, bitter with magnum or something to get about 20 IBU total, and finish with sorachi. I did a sorachi rye/wheat beer recently that was very nice, the lemony flavor compliments that kind of grainbill.

#2 pale ale: Could go with all pale malt and a little medium crystal. Yeast and hops based on if you want more American or English style. Say an english yeast and go with fuggles and/or EKG, American yeast with summit. If you're worried about your friends being used to light lagers then just keep the hops down especially the IBU's. You could also just do a SMaSH - say pale ale malt and EKG.

#3 robust porter: pale ale malt, .75 lb chocolate, 6-8 oz black malt, .75 lb C-60 to get OG around 1.060, bitter with magnum and then say an oz of EKG at 10. Yeast american or english.

Latest posts

Back