Birthday Brew Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JReasoner

Reaction score
I want to brew something nice for myself on my birthday, something that will age well and I can drink with family and friends on future birthdays. I'm seriously considering a Belgian Tripel or Quad, but I'm curious about how well these stand up to extended aging like I'm considering, if the Quad would benefit from being corked, and I'm even entertaining suggestions for other beers that handle extended aging well.

Quads definitely age well - I wouldn't think you'd need to cork it, that seems more personal preference than anything else.

Imperial Stout, Barleywine, Old Ale... all great styles to age and see how they develop over the years!

I did some research on corks, seems like they're a pita, but they look really nice and 'may' help ward off oxidation.

I did a bit of research and the liquor choice is not nearly as important as having ramen noodles and star-shaped rainbow sprinkles to eat beforehand. This ensures your vomit in the strip club parking lot looks really cool.

Or +1 on a barleywine.

Latest posts

Back