Birthday Beer Brainstorm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sembo

Reaction score
I'm starting to brainstorm for a 'Birthday Beer' - my Birthday is July 25 so I've got some time to plan and do something neat. I plan to brew in early to mid May.

I'm thinking that I want to do something that will be lighter and good for summer/hot weather drinking, but I want to do some funky additions to make it a unique brew. I've been thinking…See moreI'm thinking that I want to do something that will be lighter and good for summer/hot weather drinking, but I want to do some funky additions to make it a unique brew. I've been thinking a lot about potential spices, dried herbs, fresh herbs, syrups/honeys and fruits/veggies that I could incorporate into a recipe. Right now, I'm thinking I may do a wheat/saison/kolsch base with blueberries, orange peel and honey, but I'm open to any funky suggestions

Anyone have good ideas?

Blueberry / orange / honey Saison sounds pretty awesome in the summer, especially with a nice yeasty belgian background.

I have been thinking of a citrusy smoked IPA for summer...

Back