Biofine and Hop Flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper5000

Reaction score
Just wondering what people's experiences are with using biofine. I have never used it but got some recently. I have an IPA in primary right now and I was thinking of using it on that. I am just wondering if people have experienced it reducing hop flavor like gelatin can? Thanks.

I used it for our cask program at the brewery I was working at. I also used it in a few one-off dry hopped kegs I did.

I think it will reduce hop flavor in the sense that you won't be able to taste the actual hops in solution that it removes. I've made and served some pretty hazy beers. With that said, I didn't get the impression I was taking a big flavor hit from the use of it.

Cool thanks. Are you referring to hop particles that could still be floating around in the beer or other haze particles that hops can cause? I usually cold crash my beers but they still seem to pick up a haze which I was assuming was a hop haze. JUst trying to see if this stuff will help that.

Yes I was referring to hop particles. I know you can get a chill haze too, but I'd have to look into that a little more before I knew what I was talking about.

Back