Bills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euric

Reaction score
Ive been doing a good bit of reading on fermentation, yeast, hops, malts, extracts, etc. I have yet to make a single beer, but I'm very interested in the process and plan on spending alot of time experimenting with it. I want to have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing before I start, and I was hoping that you guys could help me with that.

So here are the things I'm most interested in at the moment;

-Does anyone know where I can find grain bills for common beers?I think this could help me get an idea of the affects of different ingredients. I'm particularly interested in Blue Moon, Leinkugel Fireside Nut Brown, Scarecrow Ale, Shiner Bock, Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan, Landshark, Rouge's American Amber, Michelob's Amberbock.

-Secondly, I'm interested in the contrast between oat, barley, and wheat malts.

-Anything you think might be helpful to a first time beer brewer.

Thanks in advance!

you will learn more about flavor and effects of ingredients by brewing than by reading (though read all you can too!)... I say get started on that first brew. Getting your process down takes a few batches anyway.

Ha. Poor Bills.

Also, if it's the right book, I definitely advocate reading heavily. It's one of my favorite parts of the hobby.

Back