Biggest chest freezer under 48" wide?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeywhat

Reaction score
Yeah I know, another "which freezer to buy" question. I did look at the kegerator chart, but most of what's on there seems to be no longer made. I have exactly 48" of space where I need my kegerator to go, so I'm looking to get the absolute biggest freezer I can for that space. Unfortunately a lot of the ~9 cu. ft. models that don't seem to be made any more are great fits but unobtainium. Anyone have any good suggestions on where else to look, or know of a freezer that will fit in this space and hold as many kegs as possible? Any reason there doesn't seem to be any freezers between 7 and 12+ cu. ft. around?

The primary thing keeping me from just going down to a ~7 cu. ft. freezer is the ability to hold a 1/2 bbl should I have the need. Otherwise 3 ball locks or sankey 1/6th bbls and a 5# tank should be sufficient (without a collar).

Back