Biggest BIAB Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IL1kebeer

Reaction score
What are the biggest grain bills that you guys have tried with BIAB? Just wondering the limits that this technique can be pushed. I'll start this off with my biggest which was a 12lb grain bill. I know that there are bigger ones that have been made so let's hear it!

10 gal doppelbock with 43 lbs of grain. Took 2 people to lift :). I was thankful for the ladder to hold it...

My second BIAB was 21 pounds for a 5.5 gallon batch. Ended with an OG of 1.093. I did BierMunchers Tits-up with 20 pounds and an OG of 1.090. Now having many more brews under my belt I believe I could get over 1.100. Doing a easy 10 pounder tomorrow.

Inkleg said:
My second BIAB was 21 pounds for a 5.5 gallon batch. Ended with an OG of 1.093. I did BierMunchers Tits-up with 20 pounds and an OG of 1.090. Now having many more brews under my belt I believe I could get over 1.100. Doing a easy 10 pounder tomorrow.

What efficiency did you get with BIAB and such a big beer?

For a six gallon batch of 1.090 DIPA, I used 19 pounds with no problems. I think I can easily get 25 pounds in, maybe even a hair over 30.

25# for a ris i only got 64% effiency though og was 1.099
In a ten gallon pot

That is as big as i want to go

Latest posts

Back