Bigger Better Bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangler

Reaction score
I brew the odd Festabrew kit, and they clock in at 6.3 gallons. Been using a 7.9 gallon bucket so far, and that seems like enough volume to avoid blow off, but would really like a carboy, to be able to see the fermentation, and possibly keg under pressure to avoid O2 contact.

Does any one make a Better bottle substitute that is larger than 6.5 gallons? If not, can I use the 6.5 with a blow off tube? Would really hate to have to separate the batch in 2...

You can definitely use a blow off tube with a better bottle. I run the tubes into large beer mugs with sanitizer solution (some use vodka). ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415762959.106390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My bad...just noticed you mentioned 6.3 gal of wort in a 6.5 gal better bottle. That's tight! You could use a blow off tube, but a bunch will flow out of it more than likely. With that much wort - I'd stick with the larger size bucket fermenters.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back