Bigfoot Barleywine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrim

Reaction score
I had a long day today. On my way home I decided to bust out a 2010 Bigfoot. To my surprise I still had five, now four. It is excellent. The flavors have mellowed, there is a nice sweetness with caramel and malty notes playing very nicely off the firm but refined bitterness. The hop aroma and flavor is still just noticeable. It lingers on my palate like a sweet dream. Yum!

I had six 2011s up until the other day, now I have four...I will drink one a year from here on in...curse my frugality in not buying a case last year..this year most def getting two cases when I see them..and with any luck a couple botttle of the oak aged come May.

Picked up two cases last Friday, put a sixer in the fridge, had two, and aging the rest for a while..fantastic stuff this year.

Just had my first 2012. Not going to be saving any of these! Then again, I generally prefer fresh/hoppy over aged/malty.

Back