Big Mouth Bubbler Universal Lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donovanlambright

Reaction score
I have a couple of the older plastic Big Mouth Bubblers with the wide mouth that features a lid in two parts: the lid itself and the threaded collar that screws on to hold it in place. I was looking at the universal lid shown at Big Mouth Bubbler® Universal Lid - Dual Port. Does anyone know if this lid will work with the old threaded collar? I know it's got the newer design gasket but I'm not crazy about that based on all the chatter out there about it not staying on when wet. I sent a question in to Northern Brewer's website a couple of days ago but it has not been posted to the page. With all the disruption related to COVID-19, I totally get that they might be running a little slow so I'm not upset about that. Just thought I might get a faster answer here.

I have a couple of the original Big Mouth Bubbles with the two part, screw on lids. The old lids did not seal properly, so I bought two of the new lids with the gaskets. They work fine. I never had a problem getting the new lids to stay in place. At the same time, I stopped using them for beer and just use them occasionally for cider now.

Back