Big Mouth Bubbler closed transfer to keg??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kXb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this? I need some serious advice on the matter! Already fermenting and will need to close transfer in the next few days.

Study the picture, what do you see? 2 things first.
1. the 3 gallon keg was first purged with starsan then pushed out with C02 to its holding container where it is saved for the next keg.
2. The top of the airlock was cut off than tubing pushed over the end.
...1 further note. If you still need more info i would recommend checking out "littleriver" threads in this forum and others. He was the teacher and i was the student.

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Love how you added the frame of ply to get the gas post higher than horizontal. I need to start doing this as well, getting real tired of lifting the full fermenter out of the fridge to a higher shelf like in my pic.

Love how you added the frame of ply to get the gas post higher than horizontal. I need to start doing this as well, getting real tired of lifting the full fermenter out of the fridge to a higher shelf like in my pic.

I can't take credit for that idea, it was inspired by a comment from another HBT user. I think he was using a section of 2x4 to prop up his keg.

I like it. I have been using an open ended method. I purge the keg, connect BMB spigot to beer post, remove airlock and stick a hose in the hole with the other end connected to a regulator outlet. I open the spigot and when the sides of the BMB start feeling loose, I increase CO2 pressure. When they feel tight, I reduce. If pressure goes too high it pops the lid off unless it is tied down, in which case it pops the stopper off, so you have to watch it closely.

Little River's method looks a lot easier and you don't have to babysit it. My fermenters are on top of a shorty fridge that stands in front of a window AC unit, and I can work with the corny keg standing upright. The AC works nicely to keep the ferment temp down in the upper 60's for my ales.

Back