Big cooler, old mold stains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I have a cooler that was left with crap in it over a week last year. Needless to say it had some mold growth on the sides. I tries soaking and scrubbing it with a heavy bleach concentrate but it only faded the spots. Its one of the wheeled "extreme" Coleman ones and I was hoping to use it as a mash tun.

Do you guys think its OK to use and ignore the stains, or do you think I am playing with fire and the mold can never be completely removed?

Thanks

30 minute soak in oxyclean, if that don't work then nothing affordable will

IMO, for mold and mildew, nothing beats bleach. I cleaned out a nasty stained cooler w/ ajax or comet cleanser and a sponge. Looked damn near new when finished. Several hot water rinses and maybe a day or two to air out when your all cleaned up.

nuke_it_from_orbit.jpg

you're going to be boiling the liquid afterwards, right? What the heck, go ahead and use it.

I was thinking the same thing, but I am gonna some of the other suggested methods first. I am tight on money and didn't want to go out and buy another cooler.

Latest posts

Back