Big beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beezy said:
Higher gravity.

And therefor a larger grain bill, typically more hops ( depending on the type ,) a larger starter, and then some. A "big beer" generally, if not always, takes longer to mature. So it's big in ingredients, cost, time commitment, and ideally body and abv to boot!

Sounds like you do a lot of drinking at Chili's restaurant. I feel like a pro beer drinker when I go there, as I can pretty much down the whole thing in one swig!

The only beers that I have seen in that sort of glass are the 9+% Belgians which is funny since a 8% bock is definitely served in a pint glass.

Not all places. I ordered a barely wine at Pipers and got a nice goblet. But Fatheads often serves high grav in 8oz. I think it's a pricing thing more than anything. People are like wtf when you charge them 12 bucks for a beer.

I don't say that... I say, how can I brew that.... and then brew it. It's why I can do a barley wine for about 3$ a bottle. Now figuring out a way to drink a whole bottle of barley wine... that and speed up time so that the year just seems to pass easily.

I am working my way up to some big beers. Imperial Stout and Barley Wine are on the list!

Back