BierMuncher v. EdWort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicagobrew

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to brew up some basic pale ale or Koelsch and was looking around the site at some of the recipes that are out there. It seems that both BierMuncher and EdWort have some popular recipes. Some that look good to me would be the Centennial Blonde, Krisper Koelsch, Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale, and the Bee Cave Koelsch.

I thought I would throw a thread out there and see what others have to say about these recipes. If you could only brew one of these for the rest of your life, which would you pick and why? I'm sure they're all good, but I'd love to see a BM/EdWort showdown. The gloves are off and no holds are barred.

Dang! And here I was expecting some sort of cage-match report.

Personally, I have brewed BM's Centennial Blonde (slightly modified) and EW's Haus Pale Ale. Both were impeccably written and easy to do. Great results.

Both of them make awesome recipes. Just pick one with hop varieties that you might like more, or some other ingredients that you might like.

If you want a Blonde Ale, go CB, but you can't go wrong with the Haus Pale. Last keg of the Blonde blew 2 weeks ago and the Haus has about 1/4 left...

I am getting ready to make my 3rd batch of BM's Centennial Blonde. I guess if you want a low ABV beer to have in the fridge go with that, but if you want a little more Hop and Alcohol go with the Pale Ale.

I've made Ed Wort's Haus Pale ale and his BCB Rye IPA, both were great. I've got BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter in the fermenter right now, and from the reviews I have great expectations. I think the only way to resolve your question is to brew both, and let your palate decide.

Back