BIAB. Bag cloth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbrett

Reaction score
After reading some threads, I went to walmart to get some voile fabric for my mother in law to make me a bag. The gal at walmart acted like I'd been hittin the homebrew hard. She didnt know what I was talking about. I thiught I'd read where some use polyester? Can someone guide me as to what is the best to get? And where to get it?

I see Midlothian, Va has a Hancock Fabric store. I'd forget Wal-Mart and go there. They have an entire section dedicated to sheer curtain material, and they have actual knowledge of the products they sell. That's where I bought mine.

EDIT: Brain Fart. Looked at the wrong post. Fingers moved faster than brain.

So all I need to do is look for some sheer curtains? Thats it? Easy peazy?

I picked up the voile curtains from Walmart and had my mom sew me up two gigantic brew bags and a hop bag with a drawstring from 1 package. Plenty of material in there for <$10

Swiss Viole from Hobby Lobby...in paper on Sundays they have 50% off coupon every week or so....

Also, a member here on HBT, wilserbrewer makes BIAB bags and they rock. And they are cheaper than that link above.

I didn't like the Walmart fabric because it was too fine and drained too slowly. And for hops it really did not let liquid pass well enough to make me happy. I like the Lowes paint strainer material but I haven't found the exact material elsewhere, and the 5-gallon bags are too small. So I'm still looking for the ultimate material.

Back