Beverage-Air cooling issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlarge

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new and just purchased a used beverage air bm23 and it works but won't stay on. After the kegerator cuts of, I have to open the door and tap on the panel next to the control knob for it to come back on. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Got it for a steal and just wondering if this is a common problem with them.
Thanks in advance

Gotta believe the thermostat is heading towards The Light.
Would take a bit of work but you should be able to replace the assembly - the thermostat with attached bulb and capillary sensor.

Alternatively, you could jumper out the oem thermostat and use an add-on controller a la Inkbird...

Cheers!

They are an easy fix and you can get a generic one from Amazon for $10-15.
There should be two thumb screws that hold the pan in, remove those, pan, fan and thermostat come right out and replace the thermostat.
While the pan is out, give it a good inspection, often times they have rust, spray it with flexseal if it needs it.
Be careful with the drain, the little plastic drain gets brittle with age.
You can also find a door gasket on Amazon as well for about $20 if it needs it.

You can also change out the tower to a triple tap tower. (you can fit 4 kegs in there BTW, and a small CO2 bottle or three and a 20# bottle.)

Congrats on getting a great kegerator.

Last edited:
Awesome, so just a generic thermostat and is there a DYI on this? Thank you for your help....

Gotta believe the thermostat is heading towards The Light.
Would take a bit of work but you should be able to replace the assembly - the thermostat with attached bulb and capillary sensor.

Alternatively, you could jumper out the oem thermostat and use an add-on controller a la Inkbird...

Cheers!
Much appreciated

They are an easy fix and you can get a generic one from Amazon for $10-15.
There should be two thumb screws that hold the pan in, remove those, pan, fan and thermostat come right out and replace the thermostat.
While the pan is out, give it a good inspection, often times they have rust, spray it with flexseal if it needs it.
Be careful with the drain, the little plastic drain gets brittle with age.
You can also find a door gasket on Amazon as well for about $20 if it needs it.

You can also change out the tower to a triple tap tower. (you can fit 4 kegs in there BTW, and a small CO2 bottle or three and a 20# bottle.)

Congrats on getting a great kegerator.
Screenshot_20210102-113609_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Ok, my friends here is an update to my issue with the BM23 that I purchased a few days ago. Hopefully this will help someone, my initial issue that's listed here was that the unit would not stay on and the fan did not come on at all. So, after pulling it apart here's what I found...it appears that 1 of the screws holding the fan in place came off which caused the fan itself to become un-aligned therefore causing it to be pushed against the metal bracket and un able to spin. Also, as to the issue of me having to tap on the thermostat for it to come on after it went off...after taking the housing apart I noticed that on of the wires was barely connected to the thermostat it self.

Again, thanks again for the responses and I sincerely hope this helps someone else.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back