Better names for beer suggestions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Saunassa

Rice River Brewing #lifeistooshortforcrappybeer
Reaction score
Well we had our club organized beer fest this weekend. I noticed that those at our club tables that had wild names on brews and also at craft breweries served more. They did have great beer but I believe that the name is what caught their attention to begin with.
I had a cream ale and a pale ale there and along with printing names and descriptions bigger need a new name for them.

hotbeer

Opinionated Newb
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that what ad's are about? Bigger and more grandiose or wilder claims than the product really is. Name too!

At least they are more memorable than beer #32191238495

grampamark

“That’s what”.—She
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If two breweries at a beer festival, with booths side by side, were each offering a Blonde Ale, which would you pick first, based on the labels?
633A7D26-1488-4DA8-BA29-A5D9D9B6C374.jpeg

53CD2ACF-E7D7-4053-B4B7-4441E9A509AB.jpeg

bkboiler

Reaction score
I won't put up any labels for the below, but I'm sure you could find some good images to go with them.
"Cream Yourself - Cream Ale"
"COVID tan - Pale Ale"

You don't work for the man, so no marketing or legal department will get after you for these "in your face" names. Enjoy your beers! 🍻

hotbeer

Opinionated Newb
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, did I misunderstand your intent? I thought you were complaining about the weird names and less than tasty beer.

Are you really just wanting a name for your beers? Well shoot, your artistry and panache with naming and label design plays a part too in whether your beer is perceived as good swill or bad swill.

OP
OP
Saunassa

Saunassa

Reaction score
Coming up with creative names is not a strong point for me. The pale has cascade, Amarillo and mosaic in it.

I brew a pale using cashmere and mosaic often also.

OP
OP
Saunassa

Saunassa

Reaction score