Better names for beer suggestions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saunassa

One Life Brewing #lifeistooshortforcrappybeer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well we had our club organized beer fest this weekend. I noticed that those at our club tables that had wild names on brews and also at craft breweries served more. They did have great beer but I believe that the name is what caught their attention to begin with.
I had a cream ale and a pale ale there and along with printing names and descriptions bigger need a new name for them.

Isn't that what ad's are about? Bigger and more grandiose or wilder claims than the product really is. Name too!

At least they are more memorable than beer #32191238495

If two breweries at a beer festival, with booths side by side, were each offering a Blonde Ale, which would you pick first, based on the labels?
633A7D26-1488-4DA8-BA29-A5D9D9B6C374.jpeg

53CD2ACF-E7D7-4053-B4B7-4441E9A509AB.jpeg

I won't put up any labels for the below, but I'm sure you could find some good images to go with them.
"Cream Yourself - Cream Ale"
"COVID tan - Pale Ale"

You don't work for the man, so no marketing or legal department will get after you for these "in your face" names. Enjoy your beers! 🍻

Oh, did I misunderstand your intent? I thought you were complaining about the weird names and less than tasty beer.

Are you really just wanting a name for your beers? Well shoot, your artistry and panache with naming and label design plays a part too in whether your beer is perceived as good swill or bad swill.

Back