Better Bottle Scratched. Just Received It.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
I just received my first BB and the outside is scratched quite a bit. I really don't know how to describe it but there are rough areas in a somewhat linear pattern that go all around the circumference of the bottle. Maybe 2 or 3 'ring' areas from top to bottom on the outside.

I know these things are durable but how much does it take to scratch the outsides? My real concern is being able to tell if the inside ever gets damaged if the outside is already scratched.

Is this a time to just relax and have a brew or is this a legitimate concern?

If it's brand new I would contact the vendor and see about a replacement, I would expect anything I order to show up in pristine condition. As for scratching the inside of one, if you use a carboy brush you can be assured of that happening. All you need to do is stuff a wet cloth in there with a little bit of soapy water and swirl it around.

I wouldn't think scratches on the outside are going to hurt anything, though I would contact the vendor for a replacement because it's not NEW condition.
-J

Back