Better Bottle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDawgie

Reaction score
Usually I'll rack into a glass carboy on top of the priming sugar and bottle from the carboy, but yesterday both glass carboys were in use so I used a Better Bottle and in a moment of stupidity, boiled a pint of water to dissolve the priming sugar then poured the whole damn thing into the Better Bottle, subsequently melting the side of the container. The bottle melted slightly (not all the way through) my question is, can I continue to use the bottle or has the chemical composition of the plastic been compromised and will it leech chemicals into all my batches from here on? Structurally the bottle is sound and I'd like to continue using it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :drunk:

It should be fine, I remember reading where others has poured boiling water into their BB's and continued to use them with no problems.

Back