Better bottle blowoff tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size tube needs to be purchased in order to seal tight inside a better bottles neck for blowoff? Or exactly which stopper I would need large enough to fit a more standard smaller tube into?

Thanks!

the stopper is a #10 I use the brown caps with 1/2 tubing.

STA72675.JPG

Thanks, I really do like the way Springer is doing it. :ban:

I think I might go ahead and setup that way!

Put the blowoff vessel on the floor if you do. It's not likely, but you could get a siphon going and find the water from your vessel in your beer.

Nice setup by the way. I am curious how much you are able to drop the temperature with the bath you have going there? What is the room temp and BB temp?

The room temp is high 70's* to low 80's the swamp water was at 64-5*The brew area is in my basement as is my wood stove I have since rigged up a curtain to separate the room and last night it was 71* ambient on the brew side.

With the swamp coolers I can get the water down to 64* easily with ice additions my son works local and checks on them during his lunch. I have a lager in the lagering faze so I couldn't put this ale in there at 34*. The BB was at a steady 68* the whole time of fermentation. Once you get the 10 gallons or so of water and the beer to the right temp its pretty easy to maintain an even temp. I put a cap full or so of bleach in each bucket as the water will be sitting for 10-14 days it can get a little scuzzy if you don't.

I need to make some type of cabinet or cooling system for the conical so I can use it more often.

Put the blowoff vessel on the floor if you do. It's not likely, but you could get a siphon going and find the water from your vessel in your beer.

its never happened to me before . You would really need a drastic drop in temp to suck the water back since the primary is at + pressure during fermentation.

The blowoff is only on during the most active part of fermentation anyways they now have airlocks on them.

Back